Monday, October 21, 2013

0 Cinco De Mayo...in the Fall

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, however, I need to stress the fact that I am a HUGE fan of Mexican Food.  I'd say it ranks up there with my all-time favorite food, and YES I could eat it every single day and never grow bored of it.  So I was in the mood for Mexican on Friday, and told my fiance that we were going out to dinner.  We hit up this spot called Cinco De Mayo on Bell Blvd.  This will have been my second time there, and lets say it wasn't the greatest of visits, but wasn't terrible either.

The decor is your basic mom and pop Mexican Restaurant. The lighting is dim, and the tables are small as well.

They start you off with some chips and salsa, which is always a favorite of mine, but it always fills me up because I dig right in and don't know when to stop.  The salsa is a little bit thicker, and has a tiny bit of a kick to it. However, I ordered a Bulldog for my beverage, which if you don't know, is a 21oz margarita with a mini Corona turned upside down in it.  Now you're probably thinking, REALLY? A Corona IN a margarita?? And to you, I say, don't knock it till you try it, because that was one amazing drink.




For appetizer, we went with the always solid house made guacamole, which can be ordered Medium, Hot, Spicy...we went with Hot..  Well, it took them about 15 minutes to bring the Guacamole, and when they did drop it off at the table, it wasn't hot. BUT, we ate it anyways and finished it off completely because it was still very good. The avocado tasted fresh, and though it may not have been hot, it still had a little kick to it. 

For my main meal I went with the chicken burrito. Let me state, this thing was massive, and I finished it all. Also, I was really hungry. It came with a side of sour cream, avocado, and lettuce.  The burrito was filled with shredded chicken, rice, beans, and was topped off with melted cheese and ranchera sauce (also known as enchilada style in my book). The chicken was cooked just right, and flavored with a nice spice as well. The cheese and sauce on top added a nice mixture to it. Also, if you don't like beans, you don't even taste them(or order it without, your choice).


 


Look, Cinco De Mayo is not 5-star Mexican restaurant by any means. However, if you're looking for a good meal, some good drinks, and a good time..stop in and give it a try. However, there are many other places in the LI/Queens/NYC area that blow it out of the water. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012