Friday, October 18, 2013

0 Little Love at Love Lane Kitchen



     

This past Columbus Day my fiancé and I had our engagement pictures out on the North Fork. After a few hours we got hungry, and wasn't a surprise we ended up here. Love Lane Kitchen might be my favorite cafe on all of Long Island. The area it is in is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and the service is just top notch. I have never left disappointed, and I have NEVER left feeling like I didn't just have a great meal. 

It's small, quaint, and comfy cafe located in Mattituck on Love Lane. It sits about 60 people and also has a nice bar area as well. The decor has a small-town, rustic feel to it. 

The menu has many options on it, and a chalkboard full of specials that is always changing. Their drink selection is also very appealing.






For drink selection, I went with my all-time favorite, of a Sixpoint Sweet Action. However, I also went with the the 21st amendment brew free or die IPA. It was my first time trying to 21st amendment IPA, and was pleasantly surprised. Nice taste, good head, not an IPA that's going to blow you away with hops, but there's just enough to know you're drinking a quality brew.





We kicked the night off with the Truffle Fries, which are French fries covered in Parmesan and garlic. We had also asked for the Mac N' Cheese, but they were out of it, and I won't lie, I was a little bummed as I wanted to try that. The fries did not disappoint though. Between the mixture of the Parmesan and garlic, it was perfectly seasoned. My only suggestion for future reference, offer more dipping sauces other than Ketchup. Now, the fries alone were amazing, but I could have went for a little garlic aioli, or maybe some buffalo ranch. 

(Note picture was taken after digging right in, we were hungry)


Now, with many options to choose from, I've only ordered one thing from Love Lane. That is, oh so delicious, lobster roll. Seriously, this thing is massive, and will positively blow your mind. It comes with huge chunks of lobster, flavored with a mayo type dressing that has a real nice flavor, all stuffed into a hoagie roll, which has a little garlic spread on it. The lobster is cooked perfectly, very moist and very tender. On the side, it comes served with a generous amount of Parmesan fries. I walk in each time saying I'll try something new, but, I always end up getting this dish. It's really that good.





Love lane will always be my go to lunch/dinner spot when I am in the area. It is highly recommended if you happen to be out in Mattituck drinking wine, apple/pumpkin picking, or just enjoying a nice day out east. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012