Friday, January 24, 2014

2 Staycation in NYC


Ok, well it wasn't much of a Staycation, and was more of a one night fling.  As many of you know, it snowed out here in NYC and Long Island on Tuesday.  Being that I work in NYC, we had events going on at my firm Tuesday and Wednesday night.  The problem was, the snow was getting so bad, getting home tuesday night, and getting in Wednesday Morning were going to be quite difficult for me. SOOOO....my firm offered to put me up in a hotel for the night.  Turns out, a brand new Hyatt opened up three doors down from my office.  I always admire how nice it is from the outside, well last night....I got to admire it first hand.

The front desk staff is EXTREMELY nice and helpful.  Honestly, haven't encountered a staff like that in quite a long time.  They were welcoming and comforting, and were eager to answer any questions about the amenities of the hotel.

When I got to my room, I was blown away honestly.  It was awesome and very New York City. What really surprised me when I walked in was a personalized card and some brownies from Fat Witch.  Earlier in the day I had been tweeting with the hotels account, trying to find out if any rooms were available, and just asking general questions about the hotel.  It was a very nice touch, and very much appreciative (Thanks Paula).



I won't lie, I had a pretty awesome room. I had a nice living room with a couch, and a 40 inch flat screen. The desk was very large, and definitely enough space to do any work that may have needed to get done.



The bathroom was very nice, and I loved the shower! I don't know why, but I LOVE when the shower head is above you in the ceiling, kind of like your under a waterfall.  There's just something so refreshing about just standing under there, it relaxes me.

The most important part in my eyes, the bedroom! I had a very nice king sized bed with another 40 inch flat screen TV on the wall.  TONS of closet space(which I didn't utilize in the least bit, seeing as I was only there for a few hours).  Let me tell you, that bed was extremely comfortable.  From the pillows, the blanket, and the mattress, I slept soundly with no problems what so ever.  Which I know is a problem for a lot of people when staying at hotels, in that they can't really get comfortable at all.  WELL, this bed, hands down wins best hotel bed award in my book.


What really got me though, the cleanliness of everything.  I've stayed at my fair share of hotels around the country, and the Hyatt takes the cake for cleanliest one I've stayed at so far.

So, if you're going to be around the area of Times Square, or just staying in the city, I HIGHLY suggest staying here.  With the upcoming Super Bowl, it is the prime spot to stay at being Super Bowl Boulevard is about a 45 second walk away.

I'd like to personally thank the entire staff, and Paula, for being extremely helpful and welcoming for my one night stay.

135 West 45th Street, New York, NY
(646) 364-1234

2 comments :

  1. That's pretty awesome that your company was even willing to do that. The room looks awesome! I've seen NYC hotel rooms before and they're CRAMPED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was extremely generous of them to put me up. ESPECIALLY in a BRAND NEW hotel. The room was fantastic, and so comfortable. If you ever get a chance too, def stay there for a night. They have a rooftop bar opening in about 2 weeks also.

      Delete

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012