Tuesday, February 11, 2014

3 B-A-C-O-N!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen!
I have been to the promise land! I have seen the glory! And let me tell you...it's filled with mounds and mounds of thick, juicy, flavorful...BACON!


What the hell are you blabbering about?
Bacon! Bar Bacon to be more specific. Imagine a place where bacon is LITERALLY apart of every single item on the menu. Sandwiches...with bacon. Pasta...with bacon. Drinks...with bacon. Bacon...WITH BACON! And on top of all that bacon you can wash it down with a nice ice cold brew!

Bacon on top of bacon accompanied by more bacon! I like it...what did you end up getting?
As I'm sure you can imagine it was extremely difficult to not order everything on the menu. So after much consideration and strategic planning, my friend and I decided to order the following items:
- bacon grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup - because who doesn't love that
- bacon lobster roll - because lobster rolls are amazing and can only be enhanced by the bacon
- sausage and bacon roll - pure gluttony
- bacon and lobster mac n cheese - this should speak for itself

That. Sounds. AMAZING! How was it all and what did you enjoy the most?
Overall, the experience was great. Nice ambiance, great company, and bellies full of bacon. I'd say our mission was accomplished. I'm going to have to give the dish of the afternoon award to the grilled cheese and soup. The sandwich was could have easily stood alone but that tomato soup (which was used for excessive dipping) really took things to the next level. Hands down the favorite between the two of us.

Nice! How was everything else?
Not gonna lie, I did have a few issues. Like...
- with the bacon lobster roll and the sausage and bacon roll, though it was packed with TONS of meat, the bread was a little disappointing. Seemed like it the contents were just thrown on a piece of untoasted bread and folded to keep everything in it
- it almost hurts me to say this but the bacon and lobster mac and cheese was very disappointing. There was barely any cheese in it! And outside of the bacon and lobster there was little flavor. Towards the end it just wasn't worth it to finish it all (after all the bacon and lobster was eaten of course)
- all the dishes were kinda warm in temperature like they had been sitting around for a while before getting to our table

DAMN! Talk about a let down. Here I am thinking everything was going to be amazing and you didn't like anything damn near.
I wouldn't say that. All items, with the exception of the bacon lobster mac, I enjoyed and would definitely order again. Just wanted to put those things out there so that no one would go and make the same mistakes I did.

Got it...anything else we should know about this place?
The hostess is a FOX!!! Our waitress was amazing (I wish I got her name because I would definitely recommend her to you all)! The food is really good and there are tons of other items on the menu to order outside of what we had. If you do go try to make it there fairly early because they will and do fill up quickly!

Until we meet again Bar Bacon!




836 9th Avenue
New York, NY
646-362-0622646-362-0622

3 comments :

  1. Yeah, this place needs to be visited. Umm, that mac n cheese just LOOKS disappointing! Very uncheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a let down, but everything else was pretty good. Definitely put that on your radar

      Delete
  2. I tried and told you about that bread. That is a true let down. Tangentially related, I may or may not have something bacon related in the pipeline.

    Stay Tuned.

    ReplyDelete

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012