Friday, February 28, 2014

0 Best Burger Hunt - Part 6 (Cinema Cafe)



When you go to a restaurant, you're looking for something to eat, the words "Possibly the best burger you will ever have" pop out at you.  To that statement I say...Challenge Accepted!


I was fortunate enough to go out to lunch today with some co-workers.  The company was great, and the food was pretty damn good as well.

However, we're here to talk about burgers.  There was a Chipotle BBQ Angus Burger on the lunch specials menu that I ALMOST went for, till I saw those special words.  So I went ahead and ordered The Ultimate 30 Day Dry Aged Steak Burger (yes that's really the name).  It consists of 30 day dry aged Sirloin, rib eye, and hanger steak.  Sounds pretty amazing right?! On top I got Mozzarella Cheese(they didn't have pepper jack) and bacon.  For beverage I went with Ithaca Flower Power IPA.



The brew...really tasty, fruity, not overwhelming with hops.  Poured into a glass, barely any head to it (or I'm just really awesome at pouring a beer). Really light color as well.



The burger..Well it was pretty massive. Stacked between a brioche bun, was a very thick 8oz burger, cooked medium. Though I think the bacon really made it.  It was super crisp, really tasty, and a real nice smoky flavor to it.  The burger itself was cooked to a T how I wanted it, had tons of flavor, and you could definitely tell there was some spices mixed into the meat mixture.  However, to boast that it would be the best burger I ever had...well...it left me wanting more.  I was expecting to have my mind blown...it wasn't.  Don't get me wrong, it was REALLY good...just not the best I ever had.



Overall, I would give the burger a 8 out of 10 on the awesome scale.  I'm still waiting to find that perfect 10 out of 10.

2 E 45th St
(212) 949-0600

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012