Wednesday, April 9, 2014

0 Mobile Eats: Gorilla Cheese NYC




I was really in the mood for trying a new food truck, one that I haven't been to before. After scurrying the NYC Food Truck Alliance timeline, found that Gorilla Cheese was right around the block. Plus, it's grilled cheese. 

As I turned the block on to 46th and 6th, there was a whole line of trucks, and I DID ALMOST switch to Redhook Lobster Pound. However, I stuck to my guns, and damn was I happy I did.
The menu has a ton of options! It took an inner hunger battle to decide what to get, a classic, or a Specialty Sammy. I wound up deciding on Specialty Sammy #6 which is Imported Asiago with Prosciutto Parma and Aioli on White Bread.  Also, I made it a combo, so I got tater tots with the Sammy as well. YEAH!! TATER...TOTS!



Well the sandwich first, it was pretty good! The Prosciutto is what you tasted here, kind of took over the flavor of the whole sandwich.  The asiago and aioli definitely complimented the meat.  Not to mention, the bread was perfectly toasted on both sides, and not too thick, so you didn't feel like you were ONLY eating bread.  The ingredients were absolutely the main focus here.



As an added bonus, my meal came with Tater Tots on the side. They were crispy greasy, and mmm mmm good.  It also, came with one dipping sauce, being that it was my first time, I asked the guy at the truck for his suggestion.  He first said the Honey Dijon, but recanted and asked if I liked spicy? Which I obviously said yes too, and gave me the Habanero.  I really liked the sauce, it was definitely spicy, but It could be a little thicker so it's more of a sauce, as I had to scoop it on to the tot. (sorry no pictures of the sauce, I ate it all before I remembered I didn't take one)



Overall, it was a tasty meal, and satisfied my hunger.  It wasn't a blow your mind kind of lunch, but it was good for sure! I do think If I make it back here, I will go for a classic grilled cheese with bacon on it.  If they are in your area, I would give them a shot, check out their webpage and twitter account for location information.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012