Monday, January 27, 2014

1 Best Burger Hunt NYC - Part 3 (Lucky's Famous Burgers)




I came across Lucky's completely by chance, as I was at work and browsing Seamless trying to figure out my lunch, and stumbled across this burger joint.  I can't give you a review of the place, because well, I didn't go there....but they did come to me....with my food.

The menu seemed pretty straight forward when ordering a burger, however it did take me a little while to figure out exactly WHAT I wanted.  I went ahead and ordered the Lucky's Double Burger with bacon and pepper jack cheese (it automatically comes topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle).  Also, being hungry, I ordered a side of fries with the Chipotle Mayo and Lucky's famous sauce on the side.

When my delivery came, I Instantly noticed how greasy my bag was as it was showing on the outside of it.  Wasn't entirely sure how to take that at first, but I brushed that aside and unpacked my food.  First thing I noticed though, was how massive the burger was.  I understand I ordered a double, but this thing was packed to the brim.  The fries were crinkle cut fries, and didn't look like anything special.

That first bite of my burger was messy.  However, I found it not to be mind-blowing at all. It is a charbroiled patty, kind of on the smaller side as well.  I had it cooked medium as well, so it was nice and pink in the middle. Felt like the pieces of lettuce on the burger were bigger than the actual burger. The bacon was crispy, and yummy.  The crinkle cut fries were nothing to write home about either, however the dipping sauces provided were pretty damn awesome, Lucky's Famous sauce and Chipotle Mayo.


I'm going to say the burger was decent, but it would not be my first choice to say the least. I give it a 5 out of 10.

Luckys Famous Burger
370 W 52nd St
New YorkNY 10019
(212) 247-6717

1 comments :

  1. Surprised you haven't had Lucky's sooner. To be completely honest...I think the Lucky Chicken Sandwich is better then their burgers.

    ReplyDelete

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012