Monday, February 24, 2014

0 Birthday meal at Besito



Last Sunday of Presidents day Weekend, I went out to lunch with my family to celebrate my birthday.  Being that Mexican is my favorite cuisine of all-time, I decided upon Besito in Huntington.  I have been to the one in Roslyn before, but my first time here.  The food was DELICIOUS! and the drinks were DOPE!!



The Menu is extensive, and gives you PLENTY to choose from. From Tacos to enchiladas to salad, as well as a very long tequila menu.



They start you off with complementary chips and salsa, however, to start, we went with the freshly made Guacamole...made table side.  They give you an option of mild, medium, or spicy...since we were making two orders, medium and spicy were the options.  I've had my fair share of guacamole over the years, and I'll Besito's ranks among the top.  Maybe they get their avocado's from somewhere different, I don't know what it is, but it's damn good!


For beverage, I ordered two types of Margaritas, unfortunately, I only got a picture of one.  My first was the jalapeno and pepino Margarita.  Has a really nice bite to it, mixed together with the Avion tequilla, it mixes together beautifully.  My other choice was the Classic Margarita with Patron Tequilla.  This thing was STRONG!! AND REALLY GOOD! I actually enjoyed it more than I did the jalapeno one.  


For my entree I ordered the Carnitas (pork baked in a black bean jalapeno salsa, salsa molcajete, crispy bacon, queso fresco, cilantro).  When the dish was put in front of me, all I saw was a black bean sauce, and was very skeptical how it was going to taste.  Regardless, I went right in..and BAM!! BACON!!! You don't even know you're eating black beans, I kid you not, this meal was fantastic! The pork was very tender, the salsa and queso on top added a nice little zest.  Only thing I was curious about was the lack of jalapeno in the black bean salsa, I didn't really taste much at all.  Also, the BACON!! SO crisp, and really added another whole dimension of taste to the meal.


I'm assuming someone mentioned to the waiter it was my birthday, because he came over with a complimentary desert of pound cake, whipped cream, and strawberries...little did he know...that's my favorite desert, so it was a welcomed treat.  The pound cake was REALLY good as well, so I was impressed.  After we paid the bill, they also dropped off a bag of churros for the entire table.  So I definitely have to give Besito an A+ in service, food, and atmosphere.  If you haven't been there before, go! You'll enjoy it!



402 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743
(631) 549-0100

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012