Monday, December 16, 2013

0 Best Burger Hunt NYC - Part 2 (The Counter)



After all the talk of burgers on Friday, naturally, I had to get one. So to continue my quest for the best burger in NYC, I landed at a make your own joint called The Counter. I always pass this place on my walk home from work and have been meaning to try it.


It was really packed, but I found a nice seat at the bar, right next to the kitchen. The bartender handed me this clipboard with a long checklist on it. So, I got to pick each and every ingredient from bun type, thickness of meat, cheese, toppings, and sauce. So I tried to make something simple, but one that would satisfy my hunger.


What I checked off:
2/3lb beef patty
Jalapeño jack cheese
Pickle chips
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Applewood smoked bacon
Chipotle Aioli Sauce
Hamburger Bun
Side order of fries


It didn't take very long for my meal to come out which was impressive because every seat in the place was taken. 

When they put my plate in front of me, I was kind taken back as to how massive this thing was. I grabbed a few fries first to contemplate how I was going to attack it. There was no other way, I grabbed in with both hands and just chomped down. However, after two failed attempts, I did have to cut it in half

The meat was seasoned really nicely, and had a nice pink middle. The cheese and bacon complemented each other nicely. Bacon was thick and crispy. My real complaint with the burger is that the bottom half of the bun got REALLY soggy, really quick. Now some people like that, I don't. It becomes a chore to keep the burger in tact, and half the toppings on the burger start to fall off. Overall burger was great, chef really nailed the seasoning on the meat. I give it a 8 out of 10.


7 Times Square
(41st & Broadway)
New York, NY 10036
(212) 997-6801

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012