Thursday, February 20, 2014

0 Charlie's Bar and Grizzill!

I'm telling you...spontaneous adventures almost always lead to great finds. After the gym last night I was contacted by a friend who was looking to catch up for a bit over some grub and drinks at this spot which I had never heard about. Not having anything planned for the evening I happily accepted the invite. And I must say that I'm glad I did.



Mind telling us where you went?
Charlie's Bar and Grill in the Bronx. It's actually right over the Lexington Avenue bridge for any of you folks who have a Bronx-o-phobia and don't like going too far over the bridge.

What did you end up having?
Over the course of the visit these were the following items consumed:
- shrimp n grits - with mozzarella, bacon, and a poached egg
- short rib tacos - cilantro, onions, and radish
- crispy brussel sprouts - bacon, garlic, shalots, lemon and grated Parmesan

Southern, Mexican, and then a little healthy...what kind of place is this?
As stated on their website, modern American cuisine. 

Fair enough...how was the food?
The food was DELICIOUS!!! I don't know if I ever mentioned this before but I'm not a huge fan of grits. Similar to Jacob's Pickles these grits were done properly! Cheesy, not too thick, not too soupy. Little pieces of bacony goodness!!! I can't literally still taste it. The crispy brussel sprouts were really good. Crunchy sprouts seasoned to perfection and accompanied by garlic, shredded Parmesan, shallots, and bacon (because is there anything that bacon doesn't make better)...loads of flavor. Lastly, the short rib tacos were just that but they were sooooo good? 4 mini tacos, packed with short ribs, cilantro, onion, and radish. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Washed it all down with a Six Point Lager and I was a happy camper. 

Damn! That all sounds really good...what would you say was your favorite?
That's a really hard call to make because I THOROUGHLY enjoyed each dish equally. If I had to choose though...I....I....I can't even do it. Everything was excellent and if you manage to make it over there I'd say get the same exact order we did. 

That's a lot of food to order at once...what's those portions and prices looking like?
The portions are definitely decent. I'd say any one person could easily finish off 1-2 of the items we ordered but if you have company you guys should be fine with 3 small orders. Prices are very reasonable. For the 3 things we got (not including beverages) it came to about $30-$36 bucks give or take a dollar. Not bad prices AT ALL!

Cool. Anything else you want to say about this place?
Nice ambiance, not a bad area, pleasant wait staff, reasonable prices, and above all great food. Oh yeah...THEY HAVE BRUNCH!...stayed tuned for that. But DEFINITELY come here when you can.





112 Lincoln (between Bruckner Blvd and E. 134th St)
(718) 684-2338

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012