Wednesday, February 19, 2014

0 Next Stop...Floor 54


54 Stories above the streets of Times Square, sits the Highest Rooftop Bar in Manhattan. The name? Well you guessed it...Bar 54, which is located inside the Hyatt Times Square, on well, the 54th floor.



Last week we were given the chance to try out the newest, hippest spot in Manhattan.  Let me start this off though by saying the staff is absolutely phenomenal, extremely genuine and very helpful. Not to mention the bar tenders and chefs are DAMN good at their jobs.


Now, it is a high-end lounge and with that comes some steep prices for drinks.  My favorite, the Rhapsody in Rye (Bulleit Rye, Ramazzotti Amaro, Benedictine, Dry Vermouth, Angostura, and Orange Bitters), will run you $25 dollars. HOWEVER!!! DO NOT!! Let the prices steer you away because the Rhapsody in Rye is definitely worth it. My other go to drink of the evening was the Green Submarine (Pimm's, Tanqueray Gin, Green Chartreuse, Ginger Syrup, Lemon, Cucumber, Soda), which was actually served in a punch bowl.



Bar 54, also has some AMAZING food. They managed to make great dishes better and things that I'd probably never order very enjoyable. Things like the Chicken Liver Mousse (Pomegranate, Sorrel, Crostini).  I'd have to say that the Pomegranate really makes this little dish, in that you have no idea you're eating liver (which by the way, I was VERY hesitant to eat since I'm not really a liver fan). The Sweetness of the pomegranate, mixed with the crostini = YUM! HOWEVERRRRR, my favorite bite of the night *insert drum roll please*....was the pulled pork slidah (Boston accent added for no reason).  I can't confirm nor deny I may have followed the waiter around grabbing one each time around. Pork was tender, and the pickles had just enough bite to them to compliment the sauce to a T! Next time I make it there I want to try out Porchetta Sandwich, because I love Porchetta, and well bacon. 


The decor has a very modern feel to it, with couches and chairs setup to make you feel comfortable, and right at home. However, the spotlight of the place is their rooftop deck, which overlooks Times Square, and has a direct sight line to One World Trade Center. I wish it wasn't so cold out this night as I  would have loved to enjoy the view a little bit more.  They do have little heaters and fireplaces on the deck to keep you warm, but the warmth inside was way more appealing!





I'm looking forward to making a trip back here in the spring/summer when the weather is nicer, to really get a good feel for the whole spot. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get dressed up for a really nice night out in Manhattan.


We would like to give a very special thank you to Paula who made the opportunity for us possible, and also to Klair and Richard for helping make the night a great one. We are extremely appreciative and look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

135 West 45th Street
(646) 364-1234

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012