Wednesday, February 19, 2014

0 Valentine's Day Date...

So as much as I may preach against Valentine's Day festivities...I'm guilty of partaking this year. How did I go about choosing where I wanted to go, you ask? Simple! I knew I wanted to go to a place that I haven't been to and that also sold seafood. After some searching around and review reading I was lead to Fish Tag. 


What made you come here as opposed to some place else?
I was looking for a low key, intimate, quiet venue. After doing some research I saw that Fish Tag kept coming up on several lists. Dug a little bit further and decided to take the plunge and bring my talents to Fish Tag. Seafood, never been before, AND I got to take someone who's very special to me. Triple win if you ask me. 

Did all your research pay off?
I'd say it did. The venue was everything I was looking for and expecting. Quiet, visually appealing (exposed brick!...can't go wrong with that), pleasant wait staff, and above everything else I thought the food was pretty good too. 

You say you thought it was good...what about your date?
She enjoyed the food but definitely not as much as I did. Something to keep in mind about this place is that their seafood items are VERY FRESH (which can be a good thing...at least to me it is)! Meaning, if you're not into fishy taste and textures you may wanna avoid here and go to a more generic seafood restaurant. 

Got it...so what did you all get?
To start the Grilled Prawn and Spicy Chilies Bruschetta. VERY TASTY! For entrees we got the: 
- Grilled Striped Bass (she) - fresh bass with a layer of crispy skin on the top, sitting on a bed of rapini, oyster mushrooms, tomatoes confit, and garlic puree 
- and the Grilled Swordfish and Greek Sausage (me) - plump swordfish with 2 strips of Greek sausage, loukaniko, grilled kale, middle eastern spiced bulgur salad
And everything was washed down with 2 glasses of red wine. Overall, a very satisfying meal.

Anything else I should know about? 
Surprisingly they have a huge list of wine and beers. All separated by taste to help those who may not necessarily be fluent in the languages of wine and beer. Lastly, the portions are not that big which may actually be a good thing. However, if you're someone with a rather large appetite you may wanna grab a quick snack before coming here.





222 West 79th Street
(212) 362-7470(212) 362-7470

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012