Monday, December 2, 2013

0 Beer Sips: KCCO Black Lager



So, as I'm shopping for beer for Thanksgiving (because you can't have thanksgiving without some good brews on hand) I came across the KCCO Black Lager.  The distributor only had two of six bottles left, just sitting on the shelf, so I snagged them. This was fairly exciting to me being that I am huge fan of The Chive, a dedicated Chiver, and have been dying to try it. If you're not sure what The Chive is, stop reading this, go to thechive.com, and than come back to read to the rest of the post.


ANYWAYS on to the next installment of Beer Sips.....

Resignation Brewery teamed up with Red Hook Brewery to create the KCCO Black Lager. Now, I'm not a huge fan of stouts or really dark beers, but I have to say that the black lager is very enjoyable. At 5.6% Alc, this is brew is not very heavy, is crisp, and also has a light taste of caramel and coffee to it. I drank it straight from the bottle, so not sure what kind of head it gets when poured into a pint glass. Don't think it is a beer that I can sit and just drink a dozen of (I'm sure some can), but it's a nice social brew.

It went great with my turkey that's for sure. If you're lucky enough to find it at your local distributor, definitely pick it up and give it a try. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! Keep Calm and Chive On!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Nom in NY Copyright © 2012